Monday, August 30, 2010

Pretty Pictures of Finished Projects


So here is attempt #2 at writing this post I wrote a really nice post and accidentally deleted it and the auto save feature saved the deleted version before I could undelete. 

So back in July remember how I mentioned my purse was stolen and I was going to make a new one.  I surfed around the web and looked at patterns, thought about stuff in my stash I would use to make it.  Then I came across a podcast on felting knitted items.  so I got some wool and decided I needed to try felting.  I took to it with great gusto and knit up version 1.0 of  my new purse.  at the time I thought it would be the one.  well I got it felted and I wasn't exactly happy with the construction..


Version 1.0 I like the bag but decided I could always make a 2.0 version of the bag.  

This is a small clutch that I did between the two bags to test some different construction techniques before I started version 2.1  


I finished knitting version 2.1 and was much with it than with version 1.0. so here it is
Version 2.1




complete with a zippered pocket

and a regular pocket, cause you can never have too many pockets

my wallet was in my purse when it was stolen so that was something else I needed to make.  I searched around and for a pattern for a 27 pocket wallet.  I went through my stash and found some fat quarters I liked.  I made the center card holder and decided I didn't like the colors.  so I remade that part.  I got to the point where I didn't like the stability of the outside piece the way it was described in the pattern, it was supper floppy.  so I ended up replacing the two layers of canvas with 4 layers of craft fuse and a layer of canvas and it is much stiffer and I am much happier with it.  I ended up going back and redoing parts of this project.  I wanted it perfect and while there might be a few things here and there I would change, I like it enough that I am not going to go back and fix it.

I love this salmon batik

So many card slots

and more card slots



The more you install zippers the easier they get to do and the better the results.

I am going to stop here so I don't totally destroy this post again.  I will Start Part 2 after Lunch.  more pretty pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment