Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bad Blogger

I have been a very very bad blogger, and I don't have a good excuse.  though it has been summer and hot and it is fun to watch the bebekins play in her wading pool or taker her swimming.  I also have been learning to knit and crochet and that on some levels is easier than breaking out the sewing machine and make a huge mess in the living room.  I have made a couple crochet bags.  they have turned out fairly well  this doesn't count the fact that I have unraveled several pieces I was not happy with..  I am making a little knit poncho for the bebekins.  the pattern is written for a 3t size.  and  I am looking at the fact that I have to go buy new shoes for the bebe girl half way through summer.   I went ahead and enlarged the pattern a big and hopefully come fall when she can use it, it will fit her.  bebekins is the youngest in her preschool class and the tallest in her class.  if the poncho comes out like I hope it will i may make two smaller ones for my niece and nephew for when the temperatures might one day drop below 100 degrees at mid day. my daughter has the most abysmal taste in yarn.  she likes the super soft and fluffy stuff like mohair or red hear butter cup of the fur yarn.  how the heck am I supposed to learn with it.  she will grab a skein while we are in the store and cuddle up with it like a stuffed animal.  or she will shake it to death and being thre responsible parent working on the you broke it your bought it philosphy the skein comes home with me and  I spend the hour untangeling it and balling it up.  while it is fun to play with the ball of yarn I need to work with it and that is hard.  I finally came up with a really really simple afghan pattern for the stupid mohair yarn.  and now that I am on ball 4 of the afghan and I will need something like 18-20.  yeah  it might end up a baby sized afghan when I get tired of it.  it is quite lovely so far and I have 10 skeins of yarn for it so it will end up that large at least.  last project I am working on with the yarn is a tank top for me.  I love the naturally caron spa yarn.  I love the reflectivity of it.  and the sock weightness of it.  I am not a big bulky yarn person.  but when you use a really fine yarn it takes that much longer to make said project.

that doesn't mean I haven't been sewing.  I finally found the binding for the bebekins quilt.  and got it sewn on  I still have to sew the hanging tube on the back down but we are making progress.  I have made several insulated lunch totes for the bebekins to take to preschool and the husband to take to work.  eventually I will get mine done as well.  Preschool has also been a big change in june.  she started preschool and it is a big transition for wee ones.  and cold after cold that she has brought home.  I made a lovely applique block carrier as well.  I had some problems with the binding on it, but I also learned putting binding on when you are really stressed you break alot of threads. Stash busted for carrier, used up alot of scraps.   I started a quilt for my husbands cousin son who was diagnosed with leukemia back in may.  I was doing really well on it  even after he started to have really really bad reactions to the chemo.  I have lost motivation to finish it when he died.  it is very very tragic to lose a 5 year old in such a terrible way.  I feel I need to finish the quilt and give it to the family. but it hard to work on it.

I guess in the end it is hard to blog about quilty goodness when I am not feeling quilty goodness.

though I am going to have to get some sewing mojo going.  I had my purse stolen this morning with the current block I am hand piecing. and my nook and the sewing project for bebegirls preschool and my quilting design note and and and like everything else important.  so items I need to make/redo to recover from this.  need a new purse.  need to find a pattern for a purse. preferably one that I don't have to order as it will be 7-10 business days till I get a new card.  I think I will stash bust for my new purse and I have a stash I might as well  use it.  then I need to make a new hand sewing carrying case.  so I can carry my thread and scissors and thread heaven and block pieces in it.  then I need to get more castle peeps for bebekins preschool project.  then after than I need to cut out new pieces for the block that was in my purse.  I can say this about my missing purse.  1) my cell phone wasn't in it.  2) my ipod wasn't in it.  3) my small lappy wasn't in it  they took the purse out of the car when I turned around to stop the bebe from running into traffic but left the laptop in its case sitting right next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment