Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Finishes

It is summer and it is hot.  We have spent most evening in the pool.  This has cut into my blogging time.  But really when it is 100 degrees out side what is better than playing in the pool.   Either that or we are playing in the rain.  





I have had some absolutely lovely finishes this summer both quilting and knitting.

My favorite is this one





this is the one that got washed with the giraffe and ended up coated in polyester fiber fill.

Then remember this quilt, the quilt I made for my daughters second birthday.  and I didnt finish the binding for like 14 months as it sat in the closet.  yeah.  I pulled it out and finished the binding on it and here it is in its loveliness.




 
Both of these quilts were long arm quilted by Sue Wyard in Santa Fe.  She does beautiful work.  This weekend I am taking this top up to her to quilt.


Then in knitting I have finished quite a few projects.

This one is my favorite.  I love the silk bamboo wool blend yarn and I love the drape of it  and the color




The problem with the previous shawl is that is just wasn't quite big enough.  so I made this one.




This was a mystery knit along.  I was having fun playing with color. 

 

This is another mystery KAL  I was going with the same color scheme but trying better to place the breaks





Pink Stripes



I like pattern on this one but I don't like the shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment